Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Last year

I actually don't have a good reason for being quiet for so long in this space, as in fact many things happened during this year while “I was gone”. It’s true that I am a little bit tired of being unemployed for such a long time; this somehow takes a toll of the soul. I have never lived with less, but somehow life isn’t as bad as it could be. I can just keep my fingers crossed that it won’t get worse. To tell the truth, I have asked myself many times in the last months: "What is the meaning of my life?"
Triglav, our highest mountain, from the hill above the Ljubljana Marshes.
2015 was a year of many changes. I became a local tourist guide, although I will start guiding tourists in Ljubljana no sooner than in spring this year. But … I guided quite many school groups around the Ljubljana Marshes, met many new people, found some new friends, learned lots (and lots and lots) of new things, shared my knowledge with others. I could say that it was a year of communication and lots of new people in my life. I am turning my back to those who don’t need me and I am embracing those who do.

I know that 2016 will be a busy year. That’s why I am so grateful for the peaceful days at the moment and I try to spend them where I’m always happy – above the clouds with the view on the mountains. 

No comments: